Kathy Washburn Bunn
B.S. in Computer Science, minor in Spanish, Brigham Young University, 2010
Independent software projects
2013 – present
- Authored Chat Log Cleaner, which filters Wildstar Online chat logs for relevant lines and converts them to HTML. Used by over 100 players to remember and share their experiences.
- Created StudySuite, a tool for self-directed study. Users can create their own questions, test themselves, and track their mastery of the material.
Authored WorkJournal, a command-line app for tracking and reporting hours on hierarchically organized tasks
- Developed data model and bilingual support for educational site 10eLearning.com, now in early development
Software engineer at Art & Logic
Feb 2011 – Jan 2013
- Worked from home with a distributed team of engineers, developing software, Web applications, and databases for a variety of clients
- Contributed to the vendor portal of a Yii PHP Web application that would help customers locate vendors and browse their offerings. Features I worked on included vendor sign-in, account information, and coupon management.
- Led development and database design for a C#/WPF application that produces specialized drawings for a manufacturing company. Compared to the company’s former process, this application reduced time to produce each drawing from an hour to a few minutes.
- Estimated several prospective software projects using information from sales leads and Art & Logic’s tried-and-true estimation guidelines.
Research assistant/programmer for BYU – Pedagogical Software and Speech Techology
Apr – Aug 2010
- Built a Spanish vocabulary profiler in PHP/MySQL
- Built tools to aid in Spanish speech recognition: syllabifier, grammar generators, DB insertion scripts, etc.
Software engineering intern at Vision Bankcard
April 2008 – Aug 2009
- Developed a deployment program to streamline company’s development lifecycle
- Reviewed code for security and compliance to Payment Card Industry standards
- Concisely documented a company-developed Web framework
Programming and Application Proficiencies
- Software design patterns
- Database querying and schema design. Familiar with Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL, and
- Java, 4 years
- C#, 5 years
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Visio) and OpenOffice suite
- Fluent Spanish speaker
- Volunteer ESL tutor for two elementary school children, Jan-Aug 2006
- Spanish speaking missionary, June 2004 – Jan 2006